Comfort & Convenience
- Automatically operates motorized applications based on selected weather conditions with 6 available modes (for example: retracts an awning when it rains, extends it when it is sunny, closes the screens when it is sunny, etc… )
Protects the Awning
- Heavy rain can cause damage. The rain sensor automatically retracts the awning based on the selected rain threshold.
- Energy cost reduction and automatic protection from damaging UV rays..
Details & specifications
Optical Rain and Sun Sensor
- Senses moisture from heavy fog to a downpour. Heavy rain can cause damage to an extended awning. Provides protection from the elements. Senses brightness levels from .5 klux to 50 klux. Protects from harmful UV rays and provides comfort and energy savings.
- Provides a maintenance-free and green solution. Totally wireless, battery-free installation. No electrician – really easy.
Flexible and Easy to Install
- 1 Radio Technology Somfy channel communicates with 1 RTS channel of motorized products – Offers flexibility for individual or group control.
- Two-way mounting bracket allows for multiple mounting options – Flexible and simple installation on the wall, pole or gutter, using provided hardware.
- Demo Mode reduces response time for testing – Demonstrations without the wait.
- Potentiometer allows to set threshold levels for rain and sun sensing – Easily adjusts to preferred settings.
- LED Indicators provide visual feedback of product functions – Easy-to-see confirmations.
- Mode Selector sets usage for an awning, exterior screen, or a rolling shutter. One sensor fits all! – Extend or retract depending on preference. For example, will extend rain proof screen to protect patio furniture or retract the awning to protect it from heavy rain. In sun sensor mode, the screens will come down to provide shade, energy savings and UV protection.
- Sends a signal to the motor regularly to ensure a maintained connection. The sensor operates even if the signal is lost, ensuring protection of the motorized application.
- Protects against accidental operation by a transmitter. Failsafe measure ensures weather settings take priority
Dimension and weight
Length (L3) : 4.53 inches mm
Width : 2.6 inches mm
Height : 1.97 inches mm